When Halloween passes and the calendar turns to November, it’s time to get ready for Thanksgiving! This special day of gratitude signifies one of our favorite holidays to gather family, friends, and loved ones together and make cherished memories. Are you in charge of hosting the family meal this year? If you start early and take thoughtful steps, you will minimize stress and be ready to enjoy the day with everyone else!
If your home has gorgeous Hearthwood floors, you are already in great shape for being the consummate host: Hearthwood hardwoods feature WetWorx™ Splatter and Spill Guard that coats all six surfaces of every plank with a water-resistant coating, so spilled turkey and gravy or cranberry sauce are cleaned up with ease! Since your floors are prepared for the big day, now it’s time to get the rest of the house in order. Here are some valuable tips for hosting the perfect Thanksgiving:
- Since there will be less holiday travel this year and more smaller celebrations at home, order your turkey now and do your grocery shopping early! The last thing you want is to be short of any ingredients during the week of Thanksgiving. Although you may have to purchase some of your produce closer to Thanksgiving, it’s wise to make a menu, list out the ingredients, and get as many of the items in advance as you can.
- Create an easy, decorative Thanksgiving-themed front porch that greets your family and visitors as soon as they pull up to your home. Place a fall or Thanksgiving themed outdoor rug in front of your door. You can then use older wooden and metal crates, buckets, and wagons to hold pumpkins and gourds of all colors, pinecones, branches, and straw. This is also a great activity for kids to help with!
- Now it’s time to make sure that your interior is sparkling. Thanks to the enhanced moisture resistance of WetWorx™ Splatter and Spill Guard, you can easily wet-mop your Hearthwood floor with Swiffer’s WetJet Wood cleaning system. The glowing shine to your floors will set the foundation for your sparkling home and perfect day. Try dusting earlier in the week so that when you clean your floors, you will also pick up any remaining particles!
- Many families often eat their big meal around an artistically set dining room table. Instead of sitting closely together this year, you may opt to create seating that allows for more space between your guests to reduce the possible spread of germs. Check with your guests ahead of time to see if you need to create such arrangements. Thoughtful consideration early will prevent any surprises for you as a host!
- When it comes to decorating your home for Thanksgiving, a similar strategy to your front porch is a great way to start. Add seasonal area rugs to your entranceways, sinks, and bathrooms, which will enhance your theme and also remove dirt and debris from footwear. Create festive arrangements for your mantles, fireplaces, and table centerpieces by mixing themed decorative pieces with elements of nature such as pine cones, branches, and seasonal flowers.
- In the rare event that your floor receives a mild scratch or nick, there’s no need to stress over your beautiful planks while hosting: Simply invest ahead of time in a Hearthwood Touch-Up Pen kit that matches the Collections in your rooms to use if needed! You can restore the natural beauty of your wood floor instantly and effectively without losing your cool.
Give yourself plenty of time and break down your steps across 4-5 days beforehand so that you’re not waiting until the last minute. Visit our Thanksgiving Decor Pinterest board for even more inspiration and make sure to tag us in your beautiful Thanksgiving room scenes with Hearthwood hardwood. You’ve got this!